The Voice of Baltimore.

THE VOICE -- Season:13 -- Pictured: Davon Fleming -- (Photo by: Paul Drinkwater/NBC)

Paul Drinkwater/NBC

Najeria Wright, Staff Writer

For those of you who didn’t know, Milford’s very own Davon Fleming was a contestant on NBC’s the Voice. Fleming was in our school’s Gospel Chorale under the leadership of former director Thaddeus Price. Davon was shown to be the strongest competitor in Season 13. He shocked the judges at the blind auditions by performing the song “Me and Mr. Jones” by the late Amy Winehouse. The stunning performance left coaches Adam Levine, Miley Cyrus, Jennifer Hudson, and Blake Shelton applauding on their feet. He chose award winning singer and actress Jennifer Hudson as his vocal coach hoping she would lead him to be The Voice.
On December 12,2017, the final performances ended with Fleming being eliminated off the show. Davon stayed encouraged through his ending time on the show by tweeting “It’s just another journey where I’m going to next” Many fans were applaud by the decision seeing that they thought he was the best on the show. Truthfully, that was my honest opinion too but Davon has other things in store for him.
After being eliminated off the show, he was invited back to perform with Jessie J singing her new single, “Not My Ex” and he is still very close with his vocal coach Jennifer Hudson as he was invited to perform at her Christmas party. Milford is very proud of our alumni! Keep being great Davon.

Najeria Wright, Writer

Najeria Wright is a sophomore at Milford Mill Academy. She was a former member of the Milford Mill Concert Chorale, and is a current member of the newspaper....