Put some respeck on his name!

Najeria Wright, Staff Writer

Recently, Chris Brown said a statement that grew a lot of attention, Chris tweeted on February 9th, “Just thinking…. A CRAZY WORLD TOUR with BEYONCE, RIHANNA, and BRUNO MARS, CHRIS BROWN. “2 for 2”. And if y’all decide to do it without me… give me 10%. –“. Suddenly he started receiving a lot of backlash about his comment.

In many gossip sites it is being said that “Brown isn’t good/famous enough to hit the road with the mega-stars.” Are these people dumb? Christopher Maurice Brown is a LEGEND! The talents that this man upholds are outstanding. Aside from being a singer, he is a dancer, an actor, rapper, painter, an athlete, producer, and a video producer. Throughout the past few years the music industry has been targeting Chris Brown and looking down upon him like he is not one of the best artist in R&B.

It is being said that after the altercation with Rihanna in 2009, Chris Brown lost his relevance. In 2012, Chris Brown earned a Grammy for the album, “F.A.M.E” which was nominated for the best r&b album. Since 2009, Chris released 5 albums, the latest one being Heartbreak On A Full Moon which consists of 45 songs. This album was #1 for 2 months, went gold a week after its release, had 5 gold and platinum singles, 695, 000, 000 streams and went platinum in 2 months. Chris also released a movie by the name of “Welcome to My Life” where he gives us a raw intake of his life and what he has overcame. Chris Brown has made many mistakes in the past but that is no reason to take away credit for his pure talent.

Celebrities have defended Chris throughout the backlash that he has been receiving over the tweet. Joyner Lucas, the recent social media outbreak rapper whose “I’m Not a Racist” video went viral stated, “Breezy a legend and will always be relevant. He the closest thing to Michael Jackson we got. Period. @joebudden would of never co-signed no sorcery like this. Stop reaching & stop talkin bout charts when this nigga got 40 platinum plaques in 2017 alone. @chrisbrownofficial is the [G.O.A.T.]. Put some respek on my nigga name.” Under the post, Uncle Snoop himself commented, “Who the F*ck are these cornballs to say C.B. ain’t worthy. Suck d*ck or die trying all 3 of y’all.” One day, you all will accept Chris Brown as he is and not as he was. I pray that he continues to grow into the amazing artist he is.

Najeria Wright, Writer

Najeria Wright is a sophomore at Milford Mill Academy. She was a former member of the Milford Mill Concert Chorale, and is a current member of the newspaper....