Final assault charge against Baltimore boxer Gervonta Davis

Khalil Chester

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






 

The state dropped a misdemeanor second- degree assault charge against boxer Gervonta Davis at a hearing this morning in Baltimore district court after the accuser, Anthony wheeler, said he did not wish to pursue the matter. Wheeler and Davis shook hands and embraced as they were leaving the court room. Davis declined comment after he was hearing about it.

Davis did tweet “dismissed” this morning. He has said on social media post “previously that he hopes to fight early 2018 and to recapture his title as soon as possible”. The 23 year old Davis originally faced first- degree assault charges in connection with the august 1. Incident wheeler, who described himself as a childhood friend of Davis, alleged that Davis punched him in the side of the head with a gloved fist. The first degree assault charge was dropped on October. 19 by the state.

However, the police didn’t charge Davis. Wheeler, of Baltimore, pressed charges with district court commissioner on august. 3, and a warrant for Davis was served in mid- September. In his complaint, wheeler said he was standing by innocently at the Upton boxing center in west Baltimore when a fight broke out between Davis and his brother.

Wheeler alleged that after the boxer’s bodyguard broke up the altercation, Davis wheeled around and “sucker punched me very violently.” Davis still improved his record to 19-0, beating Francisco fonseca by an eighth- round knockout. But he didn’t look sharp, and fans booed at him after the fight.

www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bs-sp-gervonta-davis-charge-1129-story.html.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Comment

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




Final assault charge against Baltimore boxer Gervonta Davis